Course syllabus / YU only
Objectives & Goals
This course teaches students to read music and understand basic concepts in musical grammar
and organization. There are no prerequisites. Be the end of the course, students will be able
* understand the geography of the keyboard
* read fluently in treble and a bass refs and understand the movable C clef
* identify all modes, both major and minor, from their key signatures
* construct, sing, and play major and minor scales in all keys
* understand and draw the circle of fifths
* recognize, construct, sing, and play intervals
* recognize, construct, and play triads and dominant seventh chords
* construct and perform basic rhythmic patterns in various meters
* recognize and write basic rhythmic patterns by ear
* recognize and write basic melodic patterns by ear
* sight read basic melodic/rhythmic patterns
This course prepares students for entrance into Diatonic Harmony and Counterpoint 1
(2111) and Ear Training 1 (2111L).
Schapiro, Jon. (2021, Spring). Syllabus, MUS 2105: Music Fundamentatls, Yeshiva College, Yeshiva University.
*This is constructed from limited available data and may be imprecise.