The Dyckman farmhouse, located at 4881 Broadway in Inwood, is the oldest remaining
farmhouse on Manhattan Island. The house was built in 1784 by William Dyckman and restored
in 1919 when it was donated to the city of New York (Docent). To the average person, the house
is an anomalous sight - an old-looking house surrounded by tall buildings and busy streets. The
farmhouse thereby serves as an excellent example of Dutch colonial architecture, and as a
reminder of how the city used to be. (from Introduction)
Safier, J. (2022, Spring). The Dyckman Farmhouse: An Architectural Analysis. Final honors paper, Yeshiva University.
*This is constructed from limited available data and may be imprecise.